Extreme Temperatures Damage Garage Doors11/26/2013 Back To Blog
Most people get busy with their homes during season changing maintaining the HVAC system, cleaning thoroughly the house, taking care of the air ducts, planting new flowers and servicing garage door needs and issues. The mechanism which has survived a long winter or a hot summer must be given the chance to breathe again and gather its strengths to serve homeowners all over again regardless of the temperatures outside.
Freezing cold makes metals sick
- All mechanical parts are suffering during the cold winter days and garage door springs, which are also of great importance for the good functioning of the system, may suffer the most because they do the hardest job. You don't want them to lose their flexibility because they might snap or freeze to death. You should lubricate all the mechanical parts because it is the greatest cure under severe circumstances and there are also other oils and sprays, which may protect them from the cold.
- You should clean them often and gather with a sponge the moisture gathered on the garage door parts to avoid the growth of rust. You should keep the surrounding area of the garage clean because you wouldn't want to face a garage door off track due to concentrated dirt and elements on the tracks.
- Garage door opener sensors maintenance must take place often and the sensors must also be cleaned and tested because machines may operate peculiarly during the winter.
- Make sure your aluminum overhead doors are well insulated because you don't want to lose energy and throw away money and you cannot engage on any activity in the garage under arctic conditions.
Heat needs clean atmosphere
- You should keep the garage perfectly clean to have a clean environment and allow sufficient space for the car and garage door repairs. You don't want a stuffy and dusty room, especially during the summer.
- The good insulation of the door will be beneficial for the summer as well.
- If it's time to repaint the old door or proceed with garage door replacement, this is the perfect season for these sorts of tasks.